Client: Bridgeland Development
Services: Environmental Services, Land/Site Development, Technology Solutions
Awards: 2008 CEC Gold Award
Bridgeland is a 12,000-acre development that is home to 65,000 residents. The project’s distinguishing features include:
- One-of-a-Kind Waterway—A first in a Texas residential development, Bridgeland’s 1,000-acre system of interconnected lakes and streams adds aesthetic and recreational value while functioning as an efficient stormwater collection and conveyance system.
- Innovative Hydrologic Design—During a time of regulatory transition and no existing precedent, a new hydrologic analysis process and design were developed by adapting modeling used for large natural water networks to tailor the waterway/drainage system to serve current and future needs and fully mitigate downstream impacts.
- Unique Roadways—New standards were set with Bridgeland’s neighborhood roundabout street design and application of a reduced 25-foot street width that lowers concrete heat index and preserves green space.
- Economical Majestic Bridges—Signature bridges were built using prefabricated concrete culverts clad with brick, achieving a stately look and saving $2 million.
- Up to 13 separate municipal utility districts will serve single-family residential, multi-family, and commercial developments with water supply and distribution, sewage collection and treatment, and stormwater drainage. Development services include engineering design phases, contract phase administration, construction staking, project representation, construction observations to determine compliance with bid documents, construction layout, and topographical surveying.
The project infrastructure includes:
- More than 800 acres of commercial and retail development
- More than 6,000 acres of residential development
- More than 1,000 acres of detention/amenity lakes
- More than 1,500 acres of landscape reserves and green-belt corridors